LAUREL HIGHLANDS SCHOOL DISTRICT
FID (Flexible Instruction Days / Remote Days)
PDE approved Laurel Highlands to use up to (5) five Flexible Instructional Days for inclement weather including snow days. LH is approved from 2022 to 2025.
HOW IT WORKS:
● If the district decides to call or announce a FID/Remote Day, it will be the same communication format that we have used every year. (See information below.)
● Teachers have created (5) five lessons / assignments in advance.
● Students have been given those (2) two paper lessons in school (Tues., October 10th) The FID lessons / assignments are labeled (for example: A, B, C, D, E)
● Students will keep those paper lessons at home until the district calls a FID due to inclement weather.
● Students will complete one lesson / assignment on the day of the FID and return the completed lesson / assignment once they return to school. Students will be given (3) three days to turn in their completed lesson / assignment.
● If the district does not call / announce all (5) five FID/Remote Days, then students will not complete all of the FID Lessons—only on the days called / announced.
● Students will not have to make up the school day because they completed the lesson / assignment at home during the FID. If students do not complete the assignment, they will be marked absent for that day.
● If students happen to lose their paper lesson, you may contact the school for another copy. (Please don’t lose them.)
● Teachers will be available via email and / or Google Classroom if needed.
● Teachers may still upload the lessons / assignments to their Google Classroom as an additional avenue of communication for the students.
INFO REGARDING SCHOOL DELAYS and CANCELLATIONS
DISTRICT WEBSITE: WWW.LHSD.ORG
Laurel Highlands School District App
Laurel Highlands SD Twitter Account @lhsdmustangs